Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Quotes and Mantras for Endurance Events

Having aspired to take my multi-sport athletic endeavors to the next level and train and complete a half Ironman (1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, and 13.1 mile run) in April, I feel the need now to search and collect mantras and quotes to call upon during hard hours of training and racing. I will need to stay continually motivated and will have to sacrifice a great deal. This list is just one of the ways I plan to keep my self on track. I plan to continually add to the list but here is what I've got so far:

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with success unexpected in common hours." -Henry David Thoreau

"The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it's too low and we reach it"
-Michelangelo-

And my never fail mantra: "It's only a process"

No comments: